"Maximus Power Amp"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

GK

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Would you suggest me to replace NTC with wirewound Aluminium Clad resistor and attached thermal switch? Anything for safety measures as this power is no joke at all.:bomb:

I dunno. I guess it depends on what degree of protection you're happy with. Put on the safety goggles and try a power-up sequence with the relay disabled too see what would happen, worse case :D

From my point of view is like simpliciter type of design.:)

I even can not imagine how to be more basic than this.:D

The whole amp is divided into separate modules and each one is doing its dedicated role and that has to be done well, otherwise why bother.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
There is only one part in present Maximus schematics who's limiting rail voltages to 100 V and that is IRF driver transistor in power stage. I choose this mosfet regarding to its astonishing sound atributes but there are plenty other options for this part if you would like to go to 120 V rail potential. VA stage stays completely the same, only one adaptation has to be performed and that is the value of predriver source feedback resistors.;)

Also consider a bit higher price for smoothing capacitors in power supply but there is nothing else stoping you to go for 750 Wrms on 8 ohms. You could even say that your amp has one HP (horse power) on 8 ohms.:D

746Watts is right on the money, I built one many many years ago, based on the Leach topology

Last edited:
Hi electra-ina, although I'm not sure I clearly understand what you mean, suppose good wish, your effort to try to write in English is worthy of praise. Thanks. ;)

As the project will go with its flow, I'll reveal each and every detail to all of you and by the way try to find some improvements from more knowledgeable DIY-ers, thus everybody will benefit from it. :cloud9:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.