DIY Curve Tracer for PC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I design and make a curve tracer for computer
with software support you can measure all BJT,FET,3-termination regulator ,diode .
And show their V/I ,Vgs-Id / Hfe-Ic curve tracer on Computer

the architecture as follows

attachment.php

With this architecture ,I just only use a 40V power supply and cheap unipolarity AD/DA converter.

the software can measure 4 value: Ib/Ic/Vbe/Vce.You can define tracer's X/Y axis with some expression.
Example BJT's Hfe-Ic curve tracer ,you can define X axis is "Ic",Y axis is "Ic/Ib". then will show a Hfe-Ic curve .
as follows is measure 2SC3281/2N3773/2N3772/2SC3519/3DD15/DD01/2N3055/2SC2914 hfe-Ic curve
attachment.php

with hfe-Ic curve ,you can compare who is more linear.

from hfe-Ic curve you can exact match BJT/FET device.
attachment.php

as follows is measure 8 pairs 2SK1058/2SJ162 Vgs-Id curve tracer
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 9,308
  • 2.png
    2.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 8,636
  • 3.png
    3.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 8,398
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 8,603
  • 5.png
    5.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 8,629
Last edited:
locky_z,
Where are you located?
Can you sell to Hong Kong as Sunsun22 said? How much as kit or assemblied pcb kit?
If your s/w are structure enough, I can help to translate your "display manual" subroutine. Or we translate your PC display on MS word etc and you do the s/w code.
Mark

Evul, thank you for your effort and input.

It looks like the project has been started since June 2008 and went through a number of revisions. Locky_z is located in Xin Hui which is a remote town about 1.5 hours by car from Guangzhou City. He is selling this in China only. I am translating his message as stated in the marketplace forum as follows: -

This is my own design and product.

This module can measure the followings
1. Curve characteristics of BJT, FET Vbe-Ic, Vgs-Ic, Vce-Ic, Ic-Hfe, Ib-Ic
2. Forward and Reverse V/I characteristics of bipolar components – LED, diode, resistors
3. Curve characteristics of 3 pin regulators (positive, negative, fixed or adjustable IC)
DUT voltage up to 36V, current 1uA~>=2.5A.
Precision is better than oscilloscope.

Brief usage description
User needs to provide 30-40V power supply (regulated, 2.5A). Connect the module to your PC’s parallel port (25 pins). You must use physical LPT port because USB to LPT converter does not have real address. You can use PCI LPT card or PCMCIA LPT card). Copy the software (CD or download link provided) to your PC and install it.
Insert BJT as shown on BCE socket. (For FET, G=B, D=C, S=E). Input your measure criteria to the software and click to measure.

Due to cost control, some second hand components were being used.

Please refer to the following link for GUI.
http://bbs.hifidiy.net/viewthread.php?tid=159946&extra=&page=1

UNQUOTE

My observation - The cost ex-work is RMB310 (approx US$46 but you have to know Chinese because GUI is in Chinese.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.