DIY Curve Tracer for PC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
1.The power connect name is 'HT3.96-2P'.
2.The 'protect sw' is 6*6.5mm switch button. But I not recommend to install the switch. Because if you not measuring but the 'ove current led' light, once you press this button, it will lead to a larger component damage.
3. All mounting holes can connect to GND, and 7812 / Q1(PNP) / Q4(pnp) / heatsink can connect to GND.

Lock_z, thank you for your quick response.

I need two clarifications, if you please:

1) I had planned on installing a momentary contact, normally open switch for the protect_sw switch, on the theory that I would not leave it on by mistake since I would have to keep it depressed in order to activate it. Do you still recommend against the switch even for such temporary uses?
2) Is it correct that the LM317, and the two NPN transistors (Q2 and Q3, TIP142) MUST BE electrically isolated from the heatsink?

Thanks.

1.You can install this switch(normally open), but switch is pressed only when you want to more current measurement.
Example,
No press the switch and measure the curve , when the current reach over 2.5 or 3A and the 'over_current_led' light. This mean the protect circuit is good .
And you want get bigger current curve, then press this switch and measure again, then it will measuring more current unstill the current reach to the 'Imax' setting or your power supply protect.
If you are not measuring but the 'over_current_led' light, it mean have something error. DON'T press the switch, It will lead to a larger component damage.

2.The LM317 and Q2/Q3(NPN) need isolated from the heatsink.

Okay I have the software running.

The bottom of the unit has 320 written. I assume this corresponds to the INI file that begins with the same number. I copied and moved the INI file beginning with 320 to the appication folder and renamed it to match the original INI file . However the software misbehaves. Random characters appear instead of menu items in the drop down lists

The unit does work with the stock INI file.

2SJ313 & 2SK2013

Anyone measured 2SJ313 & 2SK2013 from UTSource? The two I measured seem outside the datasheet norm.

Attachments

• curve trace 2SJ313 & 2SK2013.jpg
    curve trace 2SJ313 & 2SK2013.jpg
    724.6 KB · Views: 653
  • 2SJ313.pdf
    162.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 2SK2013.pdf
    154.8 KB · Views: 76
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.