DIY Curve Tracer for PC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I will order one set on Taobao this week through a Chinese friend, who will arrange shipping to Holland, please confirm that the unit will be of the latest (newest) version and in very good shape, on the Taobao website the pictures show holes in the enclosure that are not very well made.

Last edited:
Hello all!
It seems the curve tracer draws a lot of attention here on DIYaudio...

I live in China and contacted Locky_z to see what we could do to bring the tracer in Europe, USA ...
The problem is the device with power supply and casing is heavy (3kg) and shipment gets prohibitive (~100 USD)

We could get away with a kit of assembled PCB only with all components soldered, MCU programmed and tested, and then you add your own power supply (32-40V / 2.5A) + casing and heatsinks

This solution would allow either a shipment from China at a more acceptable price, or from France (I return to France from time to time and could bring a couple of PCBs with me to ship from there)

A group buy could be organized , although with strict DIY rules applying, support would be limited because of the obvious language barrier, and one has to understand that in case of damage, sending back the unit is out of question because of import duties in China....

Price would be in the neighborhood of 60 to 70 Euro + shipping (at todays exchange rate to be determined in case of strong interest from you all)
That would cover the cost of the assembled board by Locky_z , and a couple of euros for myself to handle the Paypal, currency exchange, packing ... (I will not run a business from it, but I don't want to lose money on it either...)

In a nutshell, I would like to check interest from you all.. without guarantee that I will manage it in the end...

so Please raise your hands if you are interested !

Cheers

Fred

Last edited:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Add me, and if you want I can build one for you in return (send 2 boards in that case).

Though I nearly completed the Elektor unit last weekend (after 16 months), but this one has some added properties

Add me, and if you want I can build one for you in return (send 2 boards in that case).

Though I nearly completed the Elektor unit last weekend (after 16 months), but this one has some added properties

Thanks for the offer ! but the boards will be already fitted with the components. just need to add a (beefy) power supply and put all that in a casing.

Since I live in China, I do not have the weight issue, so I will probably order the finished version! (and the price difference is quite small)

OK, I think there is enough interest for me to consider the group buy open! I will wait another day or 2 to see how many more are interested, and I will work out the real cost.

There will be a first batch of 4 units that Locky_Z already has in stock. Then he can build a couple per week if there is some more interest.

Cheers

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Does the supply need to be internal to the system? If the internal power supply is the size and weight challenge for this device to be shipped perhaps a version that uses an external supply would make sense. Packaging the electronics in a case without the internal supply would make the finished unit a little more cost effective and allow a complete system to be shipped. Heat sinks are usually not heavy.

Power supplies can be obtained locally by a user that are compatible with the local mains. Is there any reason why the power supply needs to be a linear one for this device?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.