Conquest 1200 amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone i'm repairing one of these amps and have a couple of questions which i hope some kind soul will help me with.

On this amp there is a bead thermistor placed in a hole in the heatsink, it doesn't actually touch the heatsink but is in a blob of grease like substance, it maybe a silly question but i'm not that up on electronics but i'm trying to learn.

My questions are.
1) What is this grease called?
2) The thermistor is coloured gold tip red band green band, does this indicate a value?
3) It is placed across + & - GATES of power output Mosfets what does it do?.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

The white paste is thermal conductivity paste.

The bands most likely indicate the value, yes.

What it does is provide biasing and thermal feedback for the output stage. Most of the time, this is done with an active device, usually a transistor, or sometimes just diodes.

Apparently, Citronic will email you a schematic if you ask them to.

Thank you for your reply, the grease is not white conductivity paste, it looks more like vasaline, do you think it is just a different type?.

The thermistor measures cold approx 1K5 ohm out of circuit do you think that sounds about right?.

I have already got the Schematic for this amp the marking for the thermistor is VA1098 but i can't find any information about this.

Hi the board is beyond repair, i've etched a new one, the thermistor has a broken leg it was just long enough to test, the suppliers i have checked so far only seem to have thermistors with ranges ie 300r 1k etc, would i be looking for one with lower range than 1k5 to slightly higher than 1k5 ie 900r 2k?.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.