Athens Audiophile Club

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
nice video

seen it before ..... but .... i actually dont agree with many of the things i ve seen there .... now and before i ve seen this video ....( seen it before i thnk destroyer x brought up once is the past )

to be honest with you this doesnt really represent greeks .... there a lot of quality work and construction made in a hell of a lot of other areas of sound .... but under a diferent prism

an other aspect of the same thing ..... terms like afordability cost effective , average,PA smaller stuff ...and so on and on are also sectors that are very active in greece ....

you will never belive how many fans of pass labs you may find in greece ....

you will never belive how many people construct diy speakers and amps

this is not actually what reppresents the greek way of doing things

some of the things seen or said in this video is not a product of knwoledge but a product of obsesion .....

if you are obsesed with something ...then there is a million ways to loose the traget .....

i am closing my argument by saying that some of these extreme amps with many K on their tags where simply outperformed by a carefully made P3A amplifier as seen in this forum and the ESP pages .....so much for the trouble .......

regards sakis

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Sakis,

I put it up because you see from this movie that thes e guys dont buy on spec . . . . to borrow a phrase from JC, its purely an emotional thing for them. They are having a good time.

I do not judge them on their choice of equipment. If I had the money I'd also be filling my house with some of that stuff simply because I like it (well, ok, I'd do some auditioning).

Peace.

yes that is true

you are correct

i frogot to mention that beyond this video and this type of audiophile people we have many others tha crossed THE OTHER SIDE ......

the other side is that they are certified loonies or yahoos ...
ha ha ha ha ha

(((( greece is a country with about 10 million people and athens has allready 4 million ...it is amazing to say that athens has at least 60 working pcb factory ..... you can imaginae that may be how many people dont like the prize and make their pcb abroad in cheaper places ..... but the number is big any way .... big ammount of the pcb traffic is DIY or people that made their DIY to avery nice and money making job )))))

They are a good example, to all of us, how much we can

became fooled with that stuff.

The value there was money... expensive is good.

If you put them into a dark room, playing same volume a 20 USD home teather and their sophisticated equipment, it is possible they will prefer the home theater if you announce that magic mistery sound costing a million dollares.

We have to be carefull not to loose our minds...i use to see that movie, to avoid myself to be alike them...those are really in another world... their minds already lost the connection with logics and things that makes sense.

The good AC voltage resulting in good sonics was terrible!... you see that no connection with he reality.... some of those folks, if enters a maniac hospital (Psychiatric diseases center), will never the free to exit.

This is not a judgement, this is "observation" of non sense beliefs.

Carlos

Attachments

• camisa de força para os loucos.jpg
    camisa de força para os loucos.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 247
The other one was applying some spicy powder into the vinyl disk

to avoid statics...my God..if this is normal i should be into the psychiatric hospital saying people i am Napoleon Bonaparte, jumping to show i was into a horse.

ahahahaha!

there are some exotic people in this world..but those are loonies....yahoo..... crazy folks.

This one, into the picture, ride it's bike to work daily...but you cannot say he is crazy...he will tell you bike is less expensive to travel to work... also will watch you thinking YOU are crazy to use a car.

Carlos

Attachments

• ask him if he is crazy.jpg
    ask him if he is crazy.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 167
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.