IRFP240/9240 amp Schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking for what i would describe as a textbook type schematic that uses the 240/9240 series of mosfets for the output stage. Single Long tailed pair input, 2-4 transistor driver stage, plus bias, VI limiters, 2-8 IRFP240/9240 type outputs etc. The basic RCA handbook type amp. the power output of the amp is not important as the schematic will only be used for a discussion.

Anyone familiar with a commercially available product that uses such an amp stage?

Zero Cool said:
I'm looking for what i would describe as a textbook type schematic that uses the 240/9240 series of mosfets for the output stage. Single Long tailed pair input, 2-4 transistor driver stage, plus bias, VI limiters, 2-8 IRFP240/9240 type outputs etc. The basic RCA handbook type amp. the power output of the amp is not important as the schematic will only be used for a discussion.

Anyone familiar with a commercially available product that uses such an amp stage?

I sell a similar product.
It uses IRFP240/9240.
It has a LTP with a current source.
The VAS has a current source too.
Sadly it doesnt have over current or thermal protection.
I tend to use big heatsinks and fans to get rid of any heat.

lineup said:
In searched diyaudio.com
via google

diyaudio.com power amplifier mosfet IRFP240 IRFP9240
828 hits.... I leave it upto you to find something interesting

Here is another search, as I know Nelson Pass (see his forum) has used IRF240/9240 in a number of power amp designs
diyaudio.com nelson pass IRF240 IRF9240
This forum search rendered 45 hits

Regars
lineup :) Likes the pair of IRFP240 + IRFP9240 MOSFET = a good choice

Thanks, believe me i did not just come here and post this without searching first. i have been trying different search combination keywords for 2 days now. and Nelsons designs while great are not what i am looking for for this exercise

nigelwright7557 care to share your schematic? you can email it to me at tetech2@doitnow.com

Look up the Genesis stealth power amp , It uses 8 pairs of them to burn up 3600VA's of pure Class A :hot: power. Can heat half a house with full bias setting and is 160LBS !!

In the quasi amp lineup (power amp under development) , the NMOS 200 /350 are perfect for the IRFP line , one could just go fully complimentary with a few component changes. In fact most DIY AB amps can easily be ported to the IRFP's. I ran a symasym with higher rails , and the mosfets worked seamlessly with minimal changes.

OS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.