Yamaha M-60 bias issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought a M-60 off a nice local fellow a few months back. It was sold to me stuck in protection mode. It had the common blown output pair with the extensive collateral damage to the driver stage. I replaced the 4 outputs, bias transistor, driver and input transistors, signal diodes, and zener diodes. Plus a few charred resistors. I went ahead and replaced all the small electrolytic caps with Nichicon PWs.

It works fine and sounds great. However, the auto-class A bias voltage does not hold. I measure the voltage across the 5w emitter resistor like the service manual states. Both channels hold 10mV fine in normal mode. If I hit the Auto-class A button, the repaired channel bias voltage increases up to 65mv over a few seconds. After peaking, it drops back down to about 30mv in about the same time. The original channel hits about 70mv and holds steady.

Any pointers on what to investigate for the bias voltage drop on the repaired channel?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.