Diamond Buffer - Super Buffer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
IMG_20201030_114710.jpg

I use Diamond buffer at input of 700 w monoblocs. To isolate any problems with outputs with capacitors or TVC.

If you calculate the loss of amplitude it’s around 3 dB. The benefit is low distorsion without global feedback.

A simple buffer with full use of the supply voltage.For use as telephone amplifiers .
The offset voltage of a normal battery

Attachments

• distotion1.png
    distotion1.png
    155.2 KB · Views: 334
  • ПараллельникБ&#105.PNG
    ПараллельникБ&#105.PNG
    33 KB · Views: 337
  • distotion 20к.PNG
    distotion 20к.PNG
    20.3 KB · Views: 342
Elfa Distrelec has many manufacturers available (and so do other webshops that are operating "within country" (means that shipping is fast and cheap compared to international ones, like farnell and such). But at the same time they often lack parts as soon they appear to be "a tad special". Like current feedback opamps, power opamps, some FETs. J-FETS are quite hard to score. Recently I found like one type of p-FETs available, nothing more. Plenty of n-JFETs though. BJTs, well, it is full of them. And I read on author's website that "The pcb fits virtually any SOT23 small signal transistor and almost any SOT223 power transistor."
I will now sleep on it and keep my eye on things. I would ideally wish J-FET buffer, but if I don't succeed, I'll take this one. Thanks.

Okay, I ordered boards.

My plan is to use 4 of these boards to buffer differential input triode based preamplifier. Simple plate followers, CRC - series MOSFET - RC PSU, approx 220VDC, 13,2k anode resistor, biased at approx 6mA. If the coupling cap is not a leaky one and input of buffer is pulled down with 1M resistor, supply ramping up within 5 seconds, should I still invest in some protection circuitry, to prevent charging coupling cap from destroying input transistors?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.