Dartzeel amp schematic - build this?

Gold plated copper crowbar

Analog_sa, The crowbar is gold plated, 5 mm copper!
I think you can buy from Taobao using a Shopping Service/forwarder

Attachments

• crowbar gold plated copper.PNG
    crowbar gold plated copper.PNG
    713.1 KB · Views: 492
Last edited:
Very unlikely this is really copper.
Copper is red?... Never heard about it...
I don't even know what gives, wrong color or magnet stuck to it :sarcasm off: :D

On a serious note, both of are theoretically possible, yellow is a gold plating and a magnet stuck to it is a thick layer of nickel used to gold plate copper (even immersion gold on pcb done using nickel plating first)

Never gave it such a deep thought. Practically all Chinese connectors with the exception of Viborg, sold on popular sites and claiming to be copper are made out of brass. And connectors only take minute amounts of copper.

Good reminder about the nickel plating. Sounds bad to me everywhere, even on PCBs.

Yes indeed, brass pretty much everywhere. If you want gold plating, nickel will be present there in 99.8% of the cases. Gold plating copper directly possible but results are usually not looking good. Unfortunately Copper oxides not conducting well enough. Silver is way more forgiving metal as its oxide have pretty much same conductivity as metal itself.

PCBs have arrived from China. Excellent quality top job. They look great. 2 mm thick very fine work.
Plan to leave the servo circuit.

I would like if someone can set up the power supply circuit I have a 600VA toroidal transformer with 4 x 3A independent secondary.

I would like to put one rectifier bridge (4 in total) or 16 diodes on each secondary.
What would be best for this purpose? Schotky diodes, Ultrafast, Diode bridge (which is best for audio?)

How was it made in the original? Schematic?

Thank You !

Attachments

• dart ship 22.jpg
    dart ship 22.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
If you want gold plating, nickel will be present there in 99.8% of the cases.

The only gold plated connectors i use are made by Vampire, have no nickel and the gold plating has already lasted for 20 years. Look plenty good too.

Depending upon where you live, silver often develops a sulphide layer even before it oxidises. It becomes a constant pain to clean. Solid silver connectors seem a bit more immune as they are not made out of pure silver.

And caps brackets prototype ;)
As I said I'll install two brackets over each other to double the copper thickness. Will be 4oz, and real copper, not brass.

Wow looks really good, I’m looking forward to my version 2 boards.:)

What I really think make the original darTZeel special is the attention to the small details, the right components, not necessarily expensive components, but together they make the “right” sound. The right wires, the gold plated copper plates, the heavy chassis with over 1 cm thick bottom plate and so on.