Marantz Pm7200 Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Same problem

Hi, I've got the same with the PM7200 amplifier of a friend and found that the relay that should power on the main transformer is not activating.
The voltage for the relay is present and is provided by the small transformer on the power board.
The ON signal for this relay is indeed coming from the front panel (I only managed to follow it to a connector and the pin is named REL) so yes, it could well be caused by the processor on this panel.
Have you found out anything more? Service Doc.?
The thing is that you have to strip quite a bit to get to the processor and without documentation the signals are very difficult to follow.
I don't believe in replacing components unless I'm sure they are faulty.
Once taken apart it is not easy to measure anything.
Please give feedback once you know anything more.
Regards, Joseph.

MARANTZ PM7200

H Joseph,thanks for your post.I am getting 5v to the processor so almost sure it is dead.There are 2 different ones,you need to contact Marantz with your serial no. Mine is a toshiba TMP87C846NG.Can only source one from Marantz agent at £25+vat £5 delivery.Seems expensive ,do you have a source?Regards Ian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.