The Royal Mail, Burbec, and the tale of the lost board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The end of a tale and the end of an old amplifier.
In August I had an "event" with one channel of my StudioMaster MOSFET1000. Sad because I had just remade the solder joints and laped the heatsink on that side. (another post).

Well I posted about it here and Burbec Kindly offered to take a look. I bundled it all up in ESD bags and foam and card and loadsa tape. Addresses all over it. i handed it over the counter of the post office and waited ............ and waited.

A week later Bob emailed " when are you sending that board over?". Yep! gone. lost forever. After the 2 week waiting period I sent in the claim form and waited then phoned. They had lost the claim form too.

Stupid, stupid me. I should have sent it by a tracked service. Royal mail looses thousands of parcels each year. Apparently without proof of purchase, the maximum value of any claim is limited to 6 2nd class stamps. BE WARNED

It did sound nice though.

Anyone got a dead Studiomaster for spares?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.