STEREO FET BUFFER on ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
mudihan said:
How is this buffer (ebay item 120230964247)?
How is its design (the schematic is on the page)?
It's very cheap.

No relationship to the seller.

It is a very good buffer.
It has even got Cascoding with 2SC2240 and 2SA970.

You should be able to use some other JFET pairs, too.
2SK246 + 2SJ103 is not the easiest to find everywhere.

Here is link + The JFET Buffer Circuit as attachment.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STEREO-FET-BU...12050QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Attachments

• ebay_fetbuffer.png
    ebay_fetbuffer.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 3,122
Re: Re: STEREO FET BUFFER on ebay

lineup said:

It is a very good buffer.
It has even got Cascoding with 2SC2240 and 2SA970.

You should be able to use some other JFET pairs, too.
2SK246 + 2SJ103 is not the easiest to find everywhere.

It comes ready assembled so sourcing parts is not a problem.

Quick delivery, too .............

Andy

Re: Re: Re: STEREO FET BUFFER on ebay

poynton said:
It comes ready assembled so sourcing parts is not a problem.
Quick delivery, too .............
Andy

:cool: Great, Andy

If I could afford it and had some payment method for use in other country,
I would buy 10 pieces of that Audio Kit .. right way!!! :cool:
Such a good STEREO FET BUFFER with complementary 2SK246 / 2SJ103
is very useful, in many cases. When we are into diyaudio.

In UK the seller of this stuff at ebay is tubeshunter
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/tubeshunter

I received two of these buffers and installed one in my dac/preamp.

The system had been TDA1541A S1 > 2x LM49710 > 3.3uF Epcos MKV > 10K stepped attenuator > 75cm interconnect cables > UCD180HG (input cap bypassed).

I added the buffer after the stepped attenuator and a second pair of coupling caps after the buffer (if I don't have a DC offset after a few days I'll remove these caps).

My system had sounded very good before adding the buffer. As the UCDs have a 100K input impedance, I hadn't worried about using a 10K attenuator as a passive pre. After adding the buffer the sound became slightly richer with better resolved lower mids & upper bass. There is less HF sparkle, which I don't mind. Voices sound more real and everything seems a bit more solid and weighty. The slight loss in detail seems very acceptable given the increased body and real-ness of the the sound.

I ran the buffer from the same (over-spec'd) +15/-15V supplies feeding the opamps. I added a 22uF conductive polymer cap on each rail on each channel of the buffer.

Well worth a play for $10 :)

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: STEREO FET BUFFER on ebay

lineup said:

In UK the seller of this stuff at ebay is tubeshunter
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/tubeshunter

Good luck if you want to deal with this "tubeshunter". I have received half the part listed in one of its kits and after 2 months he does not even bother to respond to me anymore after using all kind of excuses. Finally I never got the missing parts and this seller is out of my list forever!:mad: :mad:

Re: Re: 2sc2240 & 2sa970

Zen Mod said:

cascodes ;

that way fets are working in constant voltage mode

Sorry, I'm not understanding yet. Without bipolars those FETs are also in the same "constant voltage mode" as drains are connected to a voltage source, or not?!
Personaly, I'm thinking that this is not a cascode at all because is not used as intended. If you make good decoupling of the V+/- sources with some good capacitors, bipolars could be taken out with no problem.

Thanks.

Yeah, a little strange part choices; low noise bipolars for cascode, but no low noise jfets. I see it the same as Dorin, the cascode is of little use here. Also it seems - although the point in the schematic is missing - that the cascode is output-modulated for which I also don't see much reason here.

Nevertheless I don't see a reason why the buffer shouldn't perform well.

Have fun, Hannes

Hi All
Well just got the buffer today from china on a slow boat again I have been sent an updated version in that the board is now double sided now it seems to me that the screen print is wrong in the power supply pin ID from left to right -15volt 0v +15volts which seems the wrong way round plus the + 15v is connected to 0V
i have emailed the seller on this but he denies this and said the board is same as the old one and refuses the help this image is the old board the one I was expecting to get
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And this is the new double sided board
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And the underside of new board you can see that the -15volt connects both channels and the +15volt connects to ground

Here is the old schematic

can anyone help me get the supply wiring correct thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.