Schematic request: Harman Kardon PM665

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
Awsome amplifier, I have a PM645 VXI and it really sounds good.

Those have strange transfo's, they normaly can switch between 2 voltage rails, for 4 ohm and for 8 ohm driving.

I could tell you mine's rail voltages, in the worst case your amp wont be able to output at 100watts (taking in consideration that you have the 665 and not the 665 VXI, wich is 90 watts)

I'll see about that later, I'm at school right now.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
You guys rock. It means I have to relook the entire setup. The HK 665 AFAIK does not have impedance switching, just speaker switching (which may actually be also switching the supply voltage). Also maybe it has only one secondary. Time zone differences mean I can only post tomorrow for you guys - More like Monday night.

Illanh: Thanks so much for your reply.

vacuumhead: good to see you like some SS amps also. Yes, the 665 rocks bigtime. I love the amount of bass it puts out and the power is stunning.

oldmarantz: to the rescue once again, as you have done for so many others. I owe you a beer, mate :) Thanks a ton

Joined 2002
Paid Member
One day, surely...

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Even though I quit drinking a few years ago...

The B+ is 53 volts, as I gather, so the secondary voltage should be around 38 - 39 volts. Good info. I can crack it over two weekends or so, and hopefully reverse the damage I did, gradually...

The amp deserves a real shot at coming to life, and I picked it up used for about $240 so for me at least it is not a bad deal - the new HK 3470 costs twice that, and it is not even half the amp this is...

Have you any specific advice on the amp in particular, before I dive in? I am going to change all the electros and try and move in some 1% resistors where possible.

HK manuals

oldmarantz said:

That URL seems great. I wonder how I can write one that will get me to the HK725 and HK770 service manuals.

My guess was that if the PM665 had a service manual, provided by HK itself, then I could get lucky. But I tried it several times and didn't get anywhere.

Any hints?

Carlos

sangram said:
Hi.

Found both your manuals.

Step 1: copy the link (right click on link and select 'Copy shortcut' in IE)

Step 2: Paste into URL bar. Do not hit 'Enter' at this point.

Step 3: Replace 'PM665' with 'HK725'

Step 4: Press 'enter'.

:)

Even if the first time I had done that and got nothing, I did it again. Got nothing. Only a "Page not found" message.

If you found my manuals, please try to see if there's any character that is slightly different in the URL you sent.

BTW: I want the service manuals, as the owner manuals are on line.

Thanks!

Carlos

sangram said:
Hi.

Found both your manuals.

Step 1: copy the link (right click on link and select 'Copy shortcut' in IE)

Step 2: Paste into URL bar. Do not hit 'Enter' at this point.

Step 3: Replace 'PM665' with 'HK725'

Step 4: Press 'enter'.

:)

Wouldn't it be nice if this process worked for other Harman subsidiaries, like Mark Levinson or Lexicon?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.