Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

LME49810 with STD03N/P
LME49810 with STD03N/P
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th April 2009, 11:00 AM   #31
gianxdiy is offline gianxdiy  Italy
diyAudio Member

Dear Bas,
too much hurry posting my schematic
I thought R2 would set output impedance of lme, as read in its specific post here in diyaudio, maybe i misunderstood...
Consider that my pdf comes from a totally different voltage gain stage, it also explains D1 and D3.
In effect, baker clamp could do a better work, i will leave them out with the lme, thanks.
R6 and R7 work as reference to opposite rail to never let the 15030/15031 switch off, no need for current source, i could even remove them and try a real discrete darlington. Up to date, they are here, wasting a bit of power (3w resistors) to bias in class A...
First design is infact a composite of 3 emitter followers, with predriver and driver in class A (with resistors in back to back configuration) and final stage in class B/AB (60mA), all driven by a tube srpp which provides all voltage gain.
The current gain is enormous, with great linearity and soft clipping.
What i'm trying to do is to arrange this to be driven by the lme and so removing first follower, the lme can almost provide 50mA by itself, right?

P.S.
R11? Multisim thinks it's a loudspeaker!!!

Regards,
Gianx
Old 13th April 2009, 01:31 PM   #32
jackinnj is offline jackinnj  United States
diyAudio Member

LME49810 with STD03N/P
Quote:
Originally posted by gianxdiy

P.S.
R11? Multisim thinks it's a loudspeaker!!!
Regards,
Gianx
Why not use the component designer in Multisim ? I haven't spiced it -- just use it as a place holder when I transfer the design to Ultiboard.
Old 14th April 2009, 08:47 AM   #33
gianxdiy is offline gianxdiy  Italy
diyAudio Member

Hi Jackinnj,
i use multisim only for preliminar tests, i save a lot of money but i don't blindly trust in simulations.
So R11 is there for simulation only, sometimes adding a cap to it to test the amp stability. We all know that printed circuits, real components and many other things can affect the quality of our projects...
I saw your pcb's, they are very pro!!!
Regards,
Gianni

LME49810 with STD03N/PHide this!Advertise here!