Stan Curtis 60W Class A

Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I was going to say .. as these are based on the original board design would serve as a good basis for a restoration part for the original amplifiers still in service . as to the best of my knowledge these are the 1st available ...

I will sell at base cost plus postage .. no profit for me .. per pcb

Just a thought ;)

Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Remember folks this is what I am making

Attachments

• KROAP44.jpg
    KROAP44.jpg
    732.5 KB · Views: 724
Bought the ETI magazine when it came out, wanted to build the pre amp and power amp together. Manage to build the pre amp which sounded very good at the time but the power amps were a bit beyond my budget. As a nostalgic project would like to have a go again. Are you planning to make the amplifier as original design (with specified semiconductors) as I know the PCB looks like it is as original.

Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Bought the ETI magazine when it came out, wanted to build the pre amp and power amp together. Manage to build the pre amp which sounded very good at the time but the power amps were a bit beyond my budget. As a nostalgic project would like to have a go again. Are you planning to make the amplifier as original design (with specified semiconductors) as I know the PCB looks like it is as original.

Hello govey

Yes going to make as original to make sure all works .. and will go on from there with some improvements etc

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I built the pre-amp and in fact still have it tucked away in a drawer somewhere and remember it being a good sounding unit with a nice phonostage.

The power amp was an unsuccessful build; it was in the early days of my amp building hobby. I still have the heatsinks and a pair of Holden & Fisher transformers. Perhaps I ought to have another try:rolleyes:

Hear to Austria! You see, move abroad and cannot spell anymore. Stan Curtis said on his web site that he would be interested in making a mark II version of this amplifier. Maybe we could get him interested in this project again. Anyway seems like the original still could be an awesome amplifier with maybe mods to power supply, mains filtering and layout.

Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hello
Short update .. going to use these heatsinks for one channel, so 3 power transistors mounted on each heat sink.
I have ordered the transformers so just waiting for these to arrive

Attachments

• IMG_1514.jpg
    IMG_1514.jpg
    626.3 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_1515.jpg
    IMG_1515.jpg
    638.8 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_1516.jpg
    IMG_1516.jpg
    656.1 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_1517.jpg