Official LYNX Power Amp builder’s thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi meanman1964 ,

both amps sound pretty well !
As they are two monoblocks , they have a dynamic sound quality and a lot of power to supply.
I enjoy listening to rock n roll music with them (great Led Zep experience!)

@ + Philippe.

And now explosion sound only in speaker and not in amp casing :D:D:D Hatt of for perseverance in built process...

Marc

Last edited:
Hello all.
Today I tried and applied more than 20kHz signal to my LYNX amp.
because I found out that the R136 gets a littel warm and the current will raise at high frequency.
1-My amp idle current is about 200mA at 1kHz 1.3v rms(input signal) sine wave with out any bar.(Bias is about 23mv)
I raised frequency till 20kHz.current raised to 300mA.(again no bar)
Again raised till 30/40/50kHz.current raised more and more and at 50kHz current reached to about 1.3A and R136 gets so warm close to burn!

Actually I was afraid test with bar.
Please let me know about this issue and tell me why R136 is so hot at high frequency and help me to solve the problem.

I have to say there is no any oscillation on that amp at 1Hz to 200kHz.
So that sound quality is so fine and fantastic.

Dear Jan thanks for your dedication and amazing job.
i read in herehttp://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/200436-phase-linear-300-series2-output-transistors.html
that this amp is inspired in phase linear 300 series two i just got one and fell in love so i want to build lynx amp could you please share me all the lynx v2 files guides gerber and pcb for iron method, its for personal use not comercial
regards and thanks in advance wolf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.