Official LYNX Power Amp builder’s thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Jan, if you do not mind, I would also show OPA627 step/square response. We can see that the OPA627 is much better balanced device in terms of rise and fall edges, and more stable, than the OPA134. Both reponses taken with generetor with less than 10ns rise and fall time.

Attachments

• opa627.gif
    opa627.gif
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,142
Hi I am new to this forum. The only reason I joined is the Lynx thread. I like this amp very much. Next week I will do the PCBs for it. Because I am a student - I have to build it as cheap as possible. I found some metal plates - but can not figure out how I should build the heatsink out of it. Is the mass of used metal also important, or just the surface to radiate the heat? What kind of heatsink do others in this thread us, and of what dimensions are they? greets

Hi tt.tt

To saw heatsink out of a block is a very interesting thought.
Someone did it and dokumented it on a site i now can´t find.
He made it with a circlesaw with a blade spec. for metalsawing, mounted on a sawingtable.
Someone remember the site?

A good prifile i am using, is Junior JK-1188.
300mm x 150mm x 83mm
http://kuehlkoerper.de/cms/images/pdf/jk1102-jk1190.pdf
EUR 51:20/ piece.

I think it is the same profile Brystone use in 4b SST, witch use the same output device, for instance. ;)

genuine 2sc5200

Hi,

I got hold of the 2sc and 2sa and I cracked open 1 of the 2sc. I manage to do it without hammering on my thumb (Is that a good sign? The tougher it is, the better chance of being a genuine one). A job that I thought was suppose to be easier (or maybe I don't have the experience) Anyway I wasn't able to clear the epoxy off the face of the die, just manage to break the whole die with epoxy still sticking to the front off the metal backpanel The die measures about 5mm x 5mm

Am I lucky enough to have got hold of the real ones?

Another method of check them rather destructive ones?

Tks

Attachments

• dsci0024.jpg
    dsci0024.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 872
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.