RMI-FC100, a single stage audio power amplifier

Will this worky? I needed some terminal block connectors on board, so I did some mods along the way to get rid of the jumpers...

Attachments

• PSU.gif
    PSU.gif
    41.4 KB · Views: 790
Let me resume talkin' to myself. PSU is up and runnin', after some missing jumpers and reversed LEDs. Voltage looks good at 'round +-38V with 2X30V 300VA...

looks nice, not a tad light on the capacitance? Sorry Im not sure about the design and BOM, just an observation that typically an amp of this power would have 3 times that capacitance. BTW what boards are you suing for the amp?

looks nice, not a tad light on the capacitance? Sorry I'm not sure about the design and BOM, just an observation that typically an amp of this power would have 3 times that capacitance. BTW what boards are you suing for the amp?

This is just the front end regulator, there's lots more capacitance in the amp board. I did not change the specs of any component, just rearranged them a bit.

For the amp, I made single sided PCBs out of double sided ones from Roender, as I could not make the holes to align perfectly with toner transfer method. I ended up with half width on power tracks, but I will compensate with thickness.

It seems that this amp is so good that everyone who built it left the thread forever :cool:

Joined 2007
Paid Member
It seems that this amp is so good that everyone who built it left the thread forever :cool:

Not in my case, but for me it was/is rather difficult to build this amp since there is a mismatch between BOM and drawing. One has to dig into the Eagle file to find out what you need to know. I got confused buiding up this amp :confused:, and began another project after the first of these amp to escape from frustration. I haven't got the front end PSU to work :(. Will start again after my all my DAC projects (AD1865 and TDA1541) and AAK Symasy, which is way simpler to build, are finished. The first DAC I finished last weekend - big effort but :cloud9:

Cheers Ernst

It is a bit complicated. I used the original schematic and BOM, as shown in the early pages of the thread. Some minor changes (increased bias for the drivers) were described later. M2003br did some physical layouts around page 50, and barryblue did a detailed BOM. I did not use the eagle files, as I got some boards as part of a group buy. I don't have a program to open eagle anyway. The first of two amps is in my system. The second is waiting for some extra outputs, as I had one pair that were not well matched to the others. I'll be able to button it up in a few days time. Will report back.

Sheldon

I got into the group buy last year and have a set of PCBs, transformers, heat sinks, a bunch of capacitors and resistors, and some of the matched transistors. But unfortunately, I chose this as my first amp project, and am in a bit over my head. I was getting some help from the folks in the groupbuy, but a lot of that energy seems to have dissipated.

So at the moment I've got most of the parts, but would need some help to complete the matching and build. At this point, with the parts collecting dust in my office, I probably either need to pay someone to put it together for me or sell my collection :(. I simply don't have the time or skills to go it on my own.