big amps .....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i am happy to see that people now days make efforts and reasearch about big amps also ....

meaning it was very nice to see destroyer x amplifier also sixteck amplifier and many many others in wattage of 40-100

very nice also to see that many of these people make very good effort not only to produce some power but keep the wonderfull sonics like my friend carlos say of a small quick amp .....

now days also i repaired and kind of update a very nice amp made of grundig !!!!! with 4x bd 249-250 per chanel making some 85w rms per chanel and bench testing doesnt come out really perfect ....the truth is that the blody amp sounds very warm and eventhough belongs to a costumer days now i say lays to him that its not ready just to keep it in my lab and listen from it some more .....

thats in my lab ....in my work reall power is needed so may be BIG AMPS .... is a new topic ????

may be through this i can welcome people produced big things like 250-300-500w stable tested and working to place their work here ?

if so .... anyone is welcome ...

have a nice summer !!!!!!

Joined 2005
Paid Member
is 1000W enough ?

Attachments

• hx350_dan3.jpg
    hx350_dan3.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 344
Joined 2005
Paid Member
sorry i cant post the schematic for this one. the design does not belong to me.

for some good general amp construction tips, see quasi's thread "power amp under development"

there is infomation about PCB manufacturing power supplies mosfets etc etc.

all the best

-Dan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.