Using LTSpice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:confused:

It doesn't have such feature. Now if I understand anything about these things the software would have to parse the picture file and to do this it should have some algorithms that interpret the nodelist and components from the pixel data. To do this it should have a comprehensive database of alternative schematic symbols for reference. Ain't no way any picture can be so consistent that it could be interpreted correctly - especially when it comes to those over compressed jpegs. This would be a very similar application as speech regognizing softwares: Too much widely varying data to interpret, requires large databases ...and still works extremely badly and requires great amount of manual work to correct all the mistakes the software makes.

teemuk said:
You manually draft the circuit to the ltspice. It's that simple. I don't know if there's any way to avoid doing this.

The only way is if somebody else has already done it, so you can import an "asc" file describing the circuit and its graphics.

Getting a program to understand a schematic that only exists as an image would be quite a difficult task. Not that it would be impossible if you accept that it sometimes makes errors, but difficult as in probably nobody has done it outside the reasearch labs. I wouldn't mind a program that understands my messy hand-drawn schematics, though. :)

almost all of the pc board layout software does it's layout from either a schematic capture (SPICE) netlist file or direct layout from the program's drawing screen, none do it from picture files.
there are many different ways of drawing things like transistors, resistors, and caps, etc... and writing such a piece of software would be a nightmare....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.