10 Watt Single End, JFET input - Lateral N-MOSFET output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello revintage

The schematic you made sim. on it is biased in Class A or A/B .
Interesting , not many amplifiers in the forum or even the market uses real lateral mosfet in SE mode like 2SK1058 .
Do you think these amp would work properly .
I still didn't finished yet the original Widowmaker amplifier but soon I'll and I test it .
I was sick unfortunately .
Greets

Hello

Thanks AndrewT .
Mostly I ask that question because I thought someone will give a advise about the size of the heatsink required and if these schematic would work in real life. OK they did some sim test but usually that not 100% proof the circuit will work if someone give a try .
Thank any way .

Greets

Most of us are not afraid of using ouput caps
and build single rail clean & good and easy circuits.

But as there are a few not convinced
by what we are trying to tell, AKSA, Nordic & little me, lineup

I show you a perfect example of what another Master of Audio designs
has to say:

Nelson Pass said:

See attachment for schematic
if you REALLY would like to Follow Master Nelson advice:

- Go Build It !
:cool:
Any pcb for this?

I did built the amplifier but I never finished it.
It would be hard to compare some of the mentioned amplifier since I did not kept those after couple months listening.
The SEWA not a bad amplifier I do had problem to drive it. I needed a good preamp, the advised BOZ just did not did it to me.
The Aleph30 is a great amplifier if you can live with the bass you get ( to be 100% honest you have to have the right speaker for that amplifier)!
*I dismantled after 50 hours or so, that was a mistake and I still miss it.
I do think (now) that amplifier would deserve more time to really break in.
About these amplifier I do need a choke to drive the front end separate.
That is the reason I did not tested yet. My friend designed a PC board for these but I do not have the lay out for, I get the ready made PC boards from him.
Greetings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.