Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

loading library file in protel 99
loading library file in protel 99
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th December 2016, 05:36 PM   #41
SSJB is offline SSJB
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up Protel 99 SE "File Not Recognized" Library Error Solution "Windows 7"

Dear Friends,

I want to share the link of the video file which demonstrates how you can resolve the problem of "File not recognized" in Protel while adding libraries.

I have tested it myself & got 100% result. Give it a try.

Description of Video File on Youtube:
Protel 99 SE "File Not Recognized" Library Error Solution "Windows 7"- Video Tutorial

Link of Youtube:
https://youtu.be/8xzlTb629JU

Regards
SSJB
Old 18th December 2016, 12:00 AM   #42
gazzagazza is offline gazzagazza  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

So as a long time user and original owner of Protel99SE (service pack 6) and am now able to run it under Windows 10.

I patched the Client99SE.exe file as noted in this thread. I used a trial version of a Hex editor called "Hex Editor Neo" from HHD Software as it simply allowed me to search for the offset with Ctrl-G.

First put 0x2690E into the search box and click OK. Type 90 into the location you reach and the 9 following... that's 10 in total. Save the file.

Next open the search again and put 0x25f78 into the search box and click OK. Type 90 into the location you reach and the 9 following... that's 10 in total. Save the file.

Job done. Make a copy of the patch Client99SE.exe file for safe keeping.
Old 20th October 2017, 08:22 AM   #43
cowboy_film_fan is offline cowboy_film_fan  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Default Worked for me too

The patches worked for me too under W7 (ultimate 32)
There is one other thing not mentioned in this tread howerver: The help function doesnot work.
One must install KB917607 since HELP it isnot a part of the operatng system anymore.
But besides that macros must be enabled in the registry editor.
Create a new key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft
named "WinHelp"
and under that create a new attribute DWORD named "AllowProgrammaticMacros" and assign the value of "1" to that.

I really needed the help function after many years of working with othe CAD software
Old 17th July 2019, 10:20 AM   #44
joe6 is offline joe6  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralDecker View Post
My Client99SE.exe version is 6.6.7 (SP6), size = 1,022,464 bytes.
Herein lies a problem. My Client99SE.exe, which identifies itself as "Version 6.6.7" in Help/About, is only 794,624 bytes.

Anybody else have theirs at this size and managed to get PCB and Schematic both working?

Joe.
Old 22nd July 2019, 07:56 AM   #45
joe6 is offline joe6  Australia
diyAudio Member

Well, having now decoded bonybrown's program of post #23, I see that the data in the two edit locations for my Client99SE.exe file are the same as bonybrown's, and by inference, GuntherVB's.

So in all likelihood, theirs is the same (794,624 byte) file as mine, whereas AdmiralDecker's file is clearly different.

But alas, the two patches do not work for me. If I try to open or create any schematic documents, 99SE locks up while displaying the status message : "Starting Server - Schematic Sheet and Library Editor..."

Joe.

loading library file in protel 99Hide this!Advertise here!