Download WinIsd, what versión for Win10 ?

Since the developer's website says that this is the latest version, what would make you think that members here might be using a later version than this? It's not unusual for an application to get abandoned by its developer and that may be what has happened here. You might want to contact the developer directly and ask them your question.

Last edited:
I was using WinIsd since about 2002
So I am use to the older version

Then of course used the 2004 version when available.

The graphics and inputs were changed for 7.9
it has a new look.

You just enter driver parameters and you get alignments
not really much more to add to the program.

I just use the 2004 version on windows 10
because I'm more use to it.
Still does the same thing, enter driver parameters and go..

the Math for TS enclosures...about the same since the 1970's
and that is what it calculates.
You can manually adjust things as well and not follow true alignments.

Last edited:
My query was due to the fact that I wanted to do some new simulations in WinIsd with a netbook (Win 7) where v .07.950 was loaded.
It is already obsolete because it is too slow. So I wanted to install it on my new desktop PC (Win10), and the .exe installer repeats every time I click on the shortcut that I created.
So I thought it would be some problem of the outdated version, hence my query. But I finally used the netbook and everything was solved.
When I started using the latest version, I noticed that the help in it refers to the previous ones, and the steps and graphics are different, but I already did the learning experience at the time, I guess I can't pretend that they update it, since it is free software and perhaps the author will not have received many donations .....
Thanks for your answer.

I don't know what you mean by "active equalizer".
Perhaps the ability to drag the mouse through the frequency response curve and hear how it responds?
It's quite a fun feature, and I think it's unique to Win Isd that many don't know about.
Although I don't know how useful it can be with conventional PC speakers.
Yesterday I tested the FR of the subwoofer that I had designed and built with AKG K141 headphones and almost, almost, I heard 20 hertz ! :)

One can also try VituixCAD, although comparing drivers isn't as user friendly as WinISD is.

VituixCAD has driver database browser (as a grid) with parameter filtering/criteria, record sorting, optional auto align while browsing drivers, enclosure projects and project groups, chart overlays, and all charts are visible at the same time. Idiots and beginners should use some other software due to number of features. That would help everybody - including me.

VituixCAD has driver database browser (as a grid) with parameter filtering/criteria, record sorting, optional auto align while browsing drivers, enclosure projects and project groups, chart overlays, and all charts are visible at the same time. Idiots and beginners should use some other software due to number of features. That would help everybody - including me.

Idiots and beginners? :confused:
Great way of marketing your software, that is for sure.
Very respectful as well.

Last edited:
Great way of marketing your software...

That was just personal. I think you still remember this thread on eevblog.com and at least some your negative posts about VituixCAD on diyaudio since that? "X-sim (and VituixCAD) is only very limited and/or the user interface isn't really working" etc. Do not expect much respect and endless tolerance for nagging on diy forums while playing professional and having some business with speakers and trying to suck free work from the others.

Some people can take feedback and critique and some can't apparently, lol
This is pure comedy, haha
We are talking about a post that is more than 3 years back, lol

Fyi, I don't have anything against VituixCAD except that I still think that the GUI can be much better.
That information is not coming from only my end, but from other people and companies I speak on a daily basis.
I also really don't care what people use and like, if you do it on a piece of paper even.

But apparently you have figured it all out yourself.
So why do we even bother trying right?
I keep forgetting that there are some super humans out there.

Last thing I like to add, is without all these other programs you probably wouldn't have even started anything.
Just saying. Glad to see you're at least ambitious about your project and I am also happy to see that VituixCAD has grown and taken tiny bits of feedback since that post from 3 years ago. :)

Last edited:
^Significant - maybe major part of VituixCAD development during last few years is based on feedback so it's again bollocks to say that some individual here can't take feedback. Obscure and non-productive comments such as "isn't really working" or "easier to compare with software X" is just worthless nagging. Also some reward may increase motivation because changes looking quite simple outside could be massive internally requiring a week of work. This kind of service has been done to some companies (see links), and features are free for diy designers. But "professionals" nagging on diy forums only will be ignored most probably no matter how many other unknown professionals they have interviewed. LOL.

Program is not even close to perfect for sure, and some people/companies probably don't prefer that crossover simulation is the main tool and other e.g. acoustic simulations are kinda separate programs communicating with XO tool and each other by response files or some fragile data exchange. That was my preference (based on comparison between LspCAD 5 and 6) when project was started in March 2014.