Problem using OPA134 model in LTSpice

Hi to all Spice experts.

I'm a relative novice and trying to work out how to use audio opamps that are not in the standard distribution (e.g. 5532/4, 071/2, OPA134). My version of LTSpice on Mac OSX is 17.0.33 which I believe is current.

I have found a model for OPA134 on the net, I believe from the manufacturers site. This is attached. I have loaded the .lib file and created a symbol from the related .asy file, so I can now add the opamp from the [autogenerated] folder in the F2 dialogue box.

Everything OK until I run and then I get this error message:

Unknown subcircuit called in: xu1 0 n001 v+ v- n007 opa134​

I'm assuming this is an issue within the model file? Any advice welcome.

M

Attachments

• sbom264e.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 57
I don't think TINA is available on Mac.

My experience of importing models into LTSpice is not good so far. I have tried two opamps and both give poor results with a transient analysis, or in some cases no results at all. The OPA134 model I attached earlier and this one for the TL071. I have ensured that the pinouts are OK and labelled correctly in each case.

Am I doing something wrong or should I expect external models to be poor compared to the built-in LT models?

Attachments

• tl071_sn_model.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 42

stv

Joined 2005
Paid Member
it seems to work ok here, using your model "TL071_SN.lib", to be saved in the same folder as the asc file.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 071.asc
    1.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 071.png
    071.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 262
OK I have now got them both working by putting the .lib files in the same directory as the .asc and using .inc commands. This seems to be a requirement even though I was including them from their home directory before.

They now seem to produce sensible results (in most cases, not transient analysis for the OPA134 with a high-speed current pulse because the solver fails) but they are so much slower than the native LT models! I assume the LT models are optimised in some way, perhaps compiled? Is there a way of compiling external models into object code that can be used directly by LTSpice?