Cross-over design software with actual measurements

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, newly signed up but have been reading posts here for years. Many years ago a buddy of mine and I did some work on replacing the crossovers on some speakers of mine and it made such a huge difference. I want to do that again for the recent speakers and wondering what software people would recommend. I see lots of options for cross-over design. But I want to be able to measure the performance of the drivers in the cabinet and use that response curve to simulate the actual final performance of the system/cross-over. We did that before with raising up the speaker up into the air and measuring the frequency response. Our "poor-mans" anechoic chamber.

So there are really two elements I'm looking for, maybe one package can do it all but happy to get separate software if it will work together.

1. Software to measure the response curve of the drivers, I have the mic and audio interface already.
2. Software to design the cross-over that uses the frequency response curve from step one, not a simulation of the driver based on parameters. (Maybe that is standard now?)

Hopefully I didn't miss something but I see lots of software options but really not sure how to compare them to each other.

Thanks

ARTA or REW and VituixCAD is the most rational selection. HolmImpulse is obsolete and does not have automated naming by off-axis angle, and XSim is way too limited to handle whole process including processing of measurement data and full space designs which at least should be natural requirement for XO simulator. Not is diyaudio - for some very strange reason.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.