VituixCAD installation problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For starters, VCAD installs and works fine on my old Windows 7 laptop. Unfortunately, I hate windows and do almost all of my work on Debian Linux. I use Crossover (not wine) to run windows programs and have been able to run all of my speaker design software with Crossover. With the exception of VCAD. The .exe installer installs VCAD but when I try to run the program it doesn't start. I get a few seconds of CPU activity and then nothing. Do you have any idea what is going wrong. I have looked at every conceivable log file and have found nothing.

I know that the development of VCAD is a one person operation and it is asking a lot of the person to tackle a problem like this but I would sincerely like some help. Linux is faster, cheaper and above all doesn't hang or clutter up the screen with a lot of unwanted messages.

Something to think about is producing an AppImage of the program. This is a fairly new installation method. One AppImage covers nearly all Linux/Unix versions. There is a lot of information on Google.

Gary R

The only dependency I know if with VituixCAD is that it required dotnet4.0. I've no experience with crossover but that would be the first place to look. It looks like Crossover is just a customized or fork of Wine anyway. I've no issue with VituixCAD running under regular Wine provided the dotnet40 package is installed.

Alternatively, I've also no issue running VituixCAD in an old WinXP virtual machine either.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.