BoxSim english tutorial or alternative?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to design a slot-ported vented sub enclosure. I'm familiar with HornResp and WinISD (so far), but I've heard that BoxSim entertains more in the way of port geometry specifics. I've tried and failed to find end corrections (k) and other information about slot port tuning, and BoxSim came up as a suggestion. I've seen a bit of BoxSim that seemed to have a pretty advanced slot port design capability, so I decided to give it a spin.
I downloaded it and tried using it, but after getting yelled at in German a couple of times, I'm in search of a tutorial. Maybe my Googling skills suck, but I wasn't really able to find much. There's info out there, but it's focused on crossover design, is in German or Russian or is 10 years old (or all of the above).
Suggestions? Thanks a bunch!!
-Mack

Attached image at avsforum contains few empirical values for end correction factor (k). The latest WinISD, VituixCAD and also BoxSim should accept any of those values.

full

Thanks! Unfortunately, I already have the k values for those particular configurations. The k values in those cases are the sums for both ends and I'd like to know what the k value is for each end in each case. Even better, I'd like the reference(s) where those k values came from. Each case has different combinations of free, baffle and wall, and there are plenty of other combinations that aren't in that particular picture. Maybe I'll tinker some more with WinISD.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.