REW tweaking of synergy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys

I build a synergy horn using a huge 109x75 horn designed by Don Keele (I actually have the original prototypes).

89436000_2621238424640166_7595298124197789696_n.jpg

It uses a JBL 2447 1.5" compression driver and a single 12" Beyma 12P80Fe. Anyone interested in taking a look and making some suggestions? Sadly this was measured inside, and I will not be able to bring them outside for quite a while. I included a google drive link, hope it works: 1 meter vs 2 meter _ sealed vs ported.mdat - Google Drive

At this moment the synergy is vertically alligned, not ideal but at the moment the best option due to size. I measured the right one today. This was the one I built first, and also has a port which fires out from the top over the whole width, very close to the mouth (where the drilling machine lays in the picture).

Any thing you can note from the measurements? Some notes:

-80-17khz right now. I might boost the sealed option to also achieve more output down to 60hz.

- the measurement of the ported option included for reference.

- I'm particularily intersted in the huge change when moving away from the horn. The LF response gets completely 'distorted' Maybe because of the slit being positioned on the top, firing down? At 1 meter the mic would pick up more direct, and 1 meter a lot more would be reflected.

- as mentioned in the REW files, the 900hz XO is only there to block out the peaks beyond the 700hz xo from LF to HF. The crossover from high to low happens at 700hz, with the LF rolling of on its own.

- I calculated a 0.120ms delay based on the acoustic reference option from REW. Is there anything in the files that can confirm the delay is adequate? I doubt its correct though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.