Passive Crossover Designer 8 - How to save session?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It seems my "Save Session" button is missing. Anyone have ideas about what I can do to get it back? I'm using Excel 2016 x64.

Attachments

• PCD8 save.JPG
    PCD8 save.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 254
I'd like to chime in here. I have the same problem as the OP. Where other screenshots show save and load buttons, I have a button that says 'Temporarily unprotect main worksheet...' I cannot save and load parameters for the spreadsheet. Pressing the button does nothing for me. Kind wasteful to have to make a new spreadsheet for each project or variation thereof. I am using Win 10, Excel 2019, and PCD 8.0. I think this is pretty clear.

w

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Sure, you're right, but this is special. This is a beloved piece of software from an author who has since passed away. We are probably all familiar with software compatibility issues and bugs, this is just a 'workaround' situation unless someone would like to volunteer to 'maintain' this software...

I'm having the same issue, but I would like to load some of the sample *.csp projects. Does anyone know a work around for this? Thanks.

The only way I know to use the session files (*.csp) is to use PCD ver. 7. The session files were created very early on in PCD when memory was scarce on PCs. The session files are very small (~ 1 KB) and made sense back then. As time went on and memory got cheap people simply saved the entire .xls file instead since the .xls file included everything (.frd files, etc.) while the session files only included crossover information. So Jeff removed the session file buttons from PCD ver. 8.

PCD ver. 7 runs OK on my Win 10, but others have reported problems. Running it in compatibility mode may help. Another option is to run an older version of Excel in a virtual machine (VM). I sometimes run Excel 2003 in a Win 7 VM for older Excel programs that won't run under Win 10.

I don't know if there are any plans to support PCD in the future. The program is password protected and I don't know if Jeff shared the password with anyone or if anyone is willing to take on the task.

I attached the PCD ver. 7 self extracting .exe file, but renamed it to .zip so I could upload it. Download the file, rename it from .zip to .exe and double click to extract the .xls file. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Passive Crossover Designer 7 (2003).zip
    811.5 KB · Views: 63
@ernperkins Thank you so much for your insight to this software. I can stop looking for the Load/Save buttons cuz they're just ain't there. Plus, since a lot of data just aren't saved anyways, there just isn't much sense to use it. I *just* started using this prg and am just getting used to it.

w

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.