Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Plot polar charts
Plot polar charts
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th November 2019, 08:58 AM   #11
kimmosto is offline kimmosto  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juhazi View Post
My facourite
Unfortunately value of "my favorite" comments is round zero. It tells nothing about method or tools itself, if background to personal choice is not explained. Just person who said it, because reason for selection could be e.g. inadequate experience, motivation, time, knowledge, money or bad chemistry between people or compatibility with other equipment purchased earlier. Anything else except quality and features of other tools or methods.
Old 12th November 2019, 09:07 PM   #12
ScottG is offline ScottG  United States
diyAudio Member

-it's just an aesthetic thing. (..and while the preference itself my rate "zero", the picture might rate more than that to someone else.)

With some adjustments you can of course get very similar results across multiple programs.

That it is or is not more comparable or even helpful really isn't the point (in that you can get similar results from multiple programs), though it could be argued if the display is more pleasing that it will be used more often (or looked at closer).

Like Juhazi's preference for the aesthetic for the "wrapped" directivity sonogram from Omnimic, I prefer REW's "3D enhanced". Still, I'd prefer the 3D rotated waterfall instead, and of various programs - back to Ease (though I should note that I'm not fond of the way they are "squashing" the degrees in the picture below, and I'd also like to see some degree lines passing through the graph):

Last edited by ScottG; 12th November 2019 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12th November 2019, 09:09 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

^of course I'm not going to spend the amount of money Ease want's just for this.
Old 13th November 2019, 05:22 AM   #14
kimmosto is offline kimmosto  Finland
diyAudio Member

^so our destiny is to pretend happy with VituixCAD and it's surface, polarmap, polar chart, line chart, area chart, normalization, orbit rotation, mic offset adjustment, hor/ver swapping, reference angle selection (=cursor), power and DI responses, listening window average, overlays, custom EQ with XO, ...

Click the image to open in full size.

Anyway, these graphs are not mandatory while crossover simulation so VituixCAD is kinda overloaded with directivity visualization features. Maybe I hide or remove something to get some credibility to "my favorite" comments which are quite pathetic imo
Old 13th November 2019, 07:49 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

If you thought it was really that pathetic, you wouldn't have commented.

-and yeah, your program also looks excellent - again, it's really just an aesthetic thing. You did of course designed your's, so you too have a preference.

btw, I think there is a lot (a WHOLE LOT) more to be happy with than simply VituixCAD's excellent polar plots.

Last edited by ScottG; 13th November 2019 at 07:51 PM.

Plot polar chartsHide this!Advertise here!