LtSpice missing components error?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I have just installed LtSpice and did try to open an example file. When LtSpice do open the file, I get this error and when in a new or loaded file, I can't get the program to make the symbols.

Can anyone please give some advice?

Attachments

• Udklip.PNG
    Udklip.PNG
    4.5 KB · Views: 152
It is very strange that Pierce.asc can not find cap.asy, voltage.asy and diode.asy, even though the files exist in the sym directory.

Do these symbols appear in the Select Component Symbol dialogue box? If you try to place one of these components on a schematic, can LTspice find the correct files?

I think as a first step you should uninstall LTspice and do a fresh reinstall.

It is very strange that Pierce.asc can not find cap.asy, voltage.asy and diode.asy, even though the files exist in the sym directory.

Do these symbols appear in the Select Component Symbol dialogue box? If you try to place one of these components on a schematic, can LTspice find the correct files?

I think as a first step you should uninstall LTspice and do a fresh reinstall.
Yes it's wary strange, I'll uninstall it all and try again! :)
Here is how the error behaves:
If I stat it up and select new file, no error at all but non of the three components are beeng showed if I select one of them from EDIT or the component list, but at no time do I get any errors at all.
If I chose to open a file, then do I get the error, seen in first post.

Is there any reason you are not apparently using the manufacturer's website (you mention mirrors)? I recommend you download the correct files for a fresh install from LTspice | Design Center | Analog Devices

If this doesn't work, and if no one here comes up with a solution, go to the LTspice users' group. It is in the process of being moved from Yahoo to LTspice@groups.io | Home, as Yahoo is closing down all groups later this year.

Is there any reason you are not apparently using the manufacturer's website (you mention mirrors)? I recommend you download the correct files for a fresh install from LTspice | Design Center | Analog Devices

If this doesn't work, and if no one here comes up with a solution, go to the LTspice users' group. It is in the process of being moved from Yahoo to LTspice@groups.io | Home, as Yahoo is closing down all groups later this year.
Thanks for the links. I did find out that this was the mirror I used, so... strange!
Do any of you have a working version I could try to download?
In the meantime will I do as you sugested and ask in that forum. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.