LTSpice vs Micro-cap. There both free now, whats the difference?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes Micro-Cap has all the capability of using different levels of SPICE models. Double click on the MOSFET and below the basic description window and at the top of the list of parameters you will see the LEVEL selection. There is a pull down selection where you will find Schichman-Hodges, Grove-Frohman, BSIM1-4, and a bunch of others. You can also import your own very easily.

Thanks Kiss. I clicked on LEVEL and I see that there's an EKV model 44. That's good, recent, and it's the best model I see there. But I note that there is no "subtreas" parameter. This may not be so simple, therefore.

The models I'm referring to are for double-diffused VDMOS with parameter "ksubtreas" which supersedes even "subtreas" VDMOS models. These supersede even EKV models. If interested, see:
Better power MOSFET models in LTSpice
LTSpice's VDMOS equations had to be rewritten to support ksubtreas natively.

I'm not saying it can't be done, only that I don't see a straightforward / native way. Nor may importing be an answer since a native model must support the ksubtreas parameter (and I don't see one as of today, uC 12).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.