Tascam Audio Interface Woes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Having recently upgraded my laptop to a Dell XPS model, I can no longer use the Tascam U-366 Audio Interface with either Audio Tester or Audacity software. The problem is that the input channels’ are not working, however the outputs do work. I have the latest drivers from Tascam and have asked the manufacture for advice (no reply after I answered their questions).

I don’t know if there is something specific to the new laptop which is causing this issue but the interface has and still does work on other Windows 10 based computers. So does anyone have any idea as to the source of the issue and its cure? For info, I am using ASIO.dll driver.

I would really like to continue using this interface as it has a wide bandwidth (10 – 68KHz) and fast sampling rate (24 bit/196KHz) but I’m open to suggestions as to its replacement.

A1vl15I0U1L._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks,

Thank you for your replies.

In response, I tried running the software in compatibility mode (Windows 8) without any success.

Next, I cross-checked all the sound setting between the computer on which the sound card works and the new laptop (both Windows 10) - everything was the same.

Downloaded and re-installed AudioTester software, no change - went to bed! :headbash:

Booted up the laptop, checked Tascam Interface using Audacity and an external signal source - works :eek:

Checked Tascam Interface using Audio Tester (with soundASIO.dll) - works! :D

So.......I may never know what cured the problem. One issue is that the Interface will not work with the default sound dll (SoundDirect.dll), not an issue but clearly something is not right.

I have carried out a back-to-back test between the Focusrite and Tascam Audio Interfaces and, whilst the former has the more limiting frequency bandwidth, it does have a better (ie lower) noise floor. So I have the option now depending on what my needs are.

One final comment, I don't know if it's me, but calibrating the AudioTester software and sound card is a pain in the butt! :grumpy:

Happy Testing!:up:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.