DATS v2 and Winspeakerz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good evening,

I hope this is the right forum to post my question.

I own a DATS v2 system and I recently bought the Winspeakerz program to simulate my diy projects. I have measured two AKAI 10" woofers with DATS and I have exported the *.drv files (attached). When I insert them to Winspeakerz I get a suggested 2nd order closed box design of almost 865 liters (Qtc = 0.707)! I get the same results with other two driver files (monitor audio 8" woofers). Am I doing something wrong? Can someone who owns these programs as well test my files?

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• measurements.zip
    1 KB · Views: 48
If you have a driver with a Q of 0.35 twise the Q value and resonance frequency with the driver in a box 1/2 of Vas. The problem is the closer Q is to 0.7 the needed box volume zooms toward infinity:eek:
So if your drivers are above 0.5 something, the boxes increases more or less exponentially.
Try how the size turns out with a system Q of 0.8 and 1.0. Then decide on maximum box size and work backard to the possible Q that can be obtained.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.