Spreadsheet for wingspread plots

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Spreadsheets for wingspread plots

A DoubleCrossTM spreadsheet is also available now PAK Project – Course Outline - PAK2 devo -- it's called "PAK307 DoubleCrossTM CE wingspread plots.xls"

The first spreadsheet is still available. It is called "PAK204 Common Emitter Push-Pull wingspread.xls"

My original post 1 is now post 2 (so further new additions can be easily seen in post 1).

Last edited:
Answering queries on how to generate wingspread plots using a spreadsheet, like this one Bob Cordell's Power amplifier book (Post 9172 stuartmp)

LTspice can generate wingspread plots by adding the 'd' (derivative) to I(rload) giving d(I(rload)) and sweep the input voltage in a transient run.

But to generate wingspread plots in a spreadsheet you need to use the large-signal equations. But the large-signal equations are unknown for most of out transistor circuits. One circuit that is known is the Common Emitter Push-Pull stage.

I have a spreadsheet on my PAK website for the Common Emitter Push-Pull stage with an explanation PDF (in the PAK204 area) PAK Project – Course Outline - PAK2 devo

I have added the large-signal equations to the 'stuartmp' spreadsheet..You can change the bias setting and see the result, or change Re or Vt.

The plots are pretty accurate for this basic circuit -- where input resistance is not present, the transistors have no Beta-fall or Early effect, and it is at low frequency so capacitance effects are negligible. Likewise thermal feedback is ignored (just like SPICE).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.