Need your help on designing some new software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I originally posted this as response to a post but figured would get more exposure with it's on thread. Please.tell me your thoughts.

Hello All, I'm interested in getting into speaker design and building my own sound bar along with traditional speakers. I'm a developer and know many different languages..so was thinking as a way to give back to the community I could fix/upgrade and bring a project back to life. This is where I need your help. Would speaker workshop be a good one to contribute too. I assume the person recompiling for x64 etx has a repo setup somewhere to contribute too. Or is there another software that people would like to be revamped? If not I was gonna build something from scratch. I would like to have functionality to design the enclosures, have prebuilt speaker specs preloaded and able to add custom specs for a.speaker not already built in. Have every component exportable/importable so people can share there projects whether it be a enclosure or crossover. Enclosures would provide cut lists, linked to sites like partsexpress to import parts needed to build.the crossover in the list and be able to design your pcb board with layout select the parts and have that exported as partslist for.the build.etc..Im thinking like a AIO Designer Studio. It would start with being able to build enclosures and add diffrent speaker's and prebuilt.crossovers and such that's all exported into a easy to read build list. It would support plugin modules that would add functionality so things can be added as it's built and would be opensource so anyone can build plugins for it. Maybe there is something already out there like this or maybe the currently isn't a need. One thing I noticed is that in the software list there is tons of software with most specializing in a certain area but nothing that brings it all together for beginners and advanced builders. So what's your ideas, thoughts anything at all. I'm all ears, as I mentioned it would be opensource.and completely.free. Monitization isn't the main goal of this but links to part vendors would eventually use affiliate links so that could help offset the time spent and allow me to offer better software. Anyways thanks for listening.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.