LM6172 model
  • LM6172_SN - National Semiconductor
LM7171 model
  • LM7171_SN - National Semiconductor

Download page

There will be more models when i have free time

• Thank You
Reactions: 2 users
...Devices offers an AD797 model that seems pretty accurate at least in terms of stability and dynamical response...

A lot of the manufacturers models have the dynamic response OK but are otherwise fairly poor, don't model power draw from the rails, don't have correct PSRR because they assume a (non existent) internal earth connection, and so on.
I don't know if the AD model is acceptable or not but Nazar's paper shows that he has included many aspects that are often not correct.
So I would be more confident of his work than the AD model.
But the AD model may be fine, what have you checked?

Best wishes
David

Often datasheet data are far away from reality...

I checked the AD797 model and it sure doesn't match reality, or even the datasheet, on PSRR but at least it draws power from the rails;).
I didn't notice temperature effects modelled in the net-list, but I didn't check this because it's mostly irrelevant for audio.

It is curious that the AD797 is not included with LTSpice, since AD owns LTSpice.
I assume Mike E. does not want to include components unless their models meet his standards, and that the LTspice staff don't yet have an acceptable model.
In the meantime I have a micro-model that is usable.
Thanks to Monte for the prompt to look at this.

Best wishes
David

I think the reason that the 797 is not in the LTspice distribution is because historically, only Linear components were installed. The merger between Analog and Linear is somewhat recent, and the Analog models are not of Linear origin. So, it's probably an artifact of all of the consolidation that's been happening.

I've never tested many aspects of the 797 model - thanks for doing that! I use LTspice primarily for stability and noise analysis, and also DC offset, so most 'fake' models using poles zeroes and pure gains with some pseudo-real IO components seem to work well enough. If I can get the circuit and surrounding passive component values to be at least somewhat plausible, then it can go into a PCB and be tested for real.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
updated some models

Nazar, when I click the link in your 1st post, I get an error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'SimpleXMLElement' not found in /home1/nshvydky/overture.org.ua/public_html/admin/inc/basic.php:214 Stack trace: #0 /home1/nshvydky/overture.org.ua/public_html/admin/inc/common.php(75): include() #1 /home1/nshvydky/overture.org.ua/public_html/index.php(44): include('/home1/nshvydky...') #2 {main} thrown in /home1/nshvydky/overture.org.ua/public_html/admin/inc/basic.php on line 214

Is there a problem?

Jan

Hi, Thank You For The Model, but I'd like to ask a noob question:
You said in the NE5532 model that it also model voltage and current noise, complete with 1/f.
Are those noise automatically included when LTSpice calculate total output noise in noise simulation?
How to make sure/check if LTSpice already done so?