Frequency sweep tone generator that loops up and down?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want a frequency sweep generator that can make a sweep from 20hz to 40hz then loop it. up and down from 20hz to 40hz to 20hz endlessly without any skips pops or clipping.
and I want it to be a windows program i can download or an online web software

does anyone know of any program that can generate endless seamless rising and falling frequency sweeps?

Doesnt work in audacity. it stutters and makes a loud click sound whenever the sinewave loops and declines in frequency and starts rising again and its impossible to get it perfect because audacity tries to fade the frequency in and out on its own but that causes a stutter because the sinewave doesnt perfectly match up at the ends
Not an option.
I need a program dedicated for this kind of specific task without any clicking pops stutters or artifacts in the waveform. I dont wanna have to do this manually. I wanna just enter a start middle and end frequency and just loop it up and down for however long I want.
and I dont want a payed or trial program or some giant program with a zillion extra features I wont use. if it could be an online web tool that would be even better then I wouldn't need to download or install anything onto my computer

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I've attached a zip file with an MP3 version of the sweep. It's 4 minutes 10 seconds long with a repeating 20-40-20-40 sweep.
It should loop OK, but MP3 files always have a tiny silence at the beginning and end when I export them, so you might hear a little glitch every 4 minutes.

Let me know if this works for you. Otherwise I can put a wave file on Google drive. (too big to fit here)

Attachments

• 20-40-20 mono repeat.zip
    746.4 KB · Views: 97
Here is the LTspice method: the frequency starts at 20Hz, increases to 40Hz in 1s and returns to 20Hz in 1s (all this can easily be altered).
(remove the .txt extension from the Wave file to use it)
The end and the start are made to be spliced seamlessly as you can see from the waveform, but the player needs to be able to loop seamlessly too, something that does not seem obvious: I use VLC, and with the default settings, you hear a click each time it restarts.

If this is impossible to achieve with a player, the only solution is to write a small program that writes continuously to the sound card, something that should be very easy for someone used to such applications

Attachments

• wobu2040.asc
    514 bytes · Views: 45
  • 2040Wobu.png
    2040Wobu.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 217
  • 20hz40hz.wav.txt
    172.3 KB · Views: 45
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.