Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Advices on First Crossover Design (VituixCAD2)
Advices on First Crossover Design (VituixCAD2)
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th July 2019, 09:46 PM   #351
ScottG is offline ScottG  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZoltan View Post
But you did get you money back from the undelivered other orders right ?
The Radian delivery was nearly twenty five days to arrive, I explicitly asked for a confirmation it would be the dipole version, I suppose the guy at Thomann that confirmed didn't bother to check with Radian first, I'm curious to see the answer they will give me about that.

Am I expecting too much ? Maybe, when I work with customers I always am honest and do not leave room for false expectations.

-all 3 prior purchases they "backed-out" the order after about a week and never informed me of it. The 1st time it happened I waited about a month because I've known that Erse will say they have things "in-stock" (on website) and don't: and aren't exactly quick to wind-one for you after your purchase. This is the first (and second time) they've just backed-out the order.. Should have checked my credit card account more closely for that..

Yeah, I'm sure Thomann and Radian will play the "blame game".

Thomann: "..we ordered it as a dipole."

Radian: "..we never accept dipole orders from Thomann."

I doubt they pay either contact-worker enough to be truly competent with special orders.

I get corn-holed just about every time I grab a fast-food meal! When I'm looking down at my wrong order, (..now inside the fast-food franchise), I then look at the pathetic worker behind the counter and have that mental up-take of:

"..oh, for f***-sake! ..no wonder my order went FUBAR."
Old 12th July 2019, 09:51 PM   #352
MrZoltan is offline MrZoltan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
I don't know about the AMT.. probably, but it's got a lot more surface area so perhaps less so?

It's just a plastic (ABS) cover - not very thick either. It really shouldn't be difficult to cut through that ABS. A lot easier than cutting through typical plumbing pipe, and that's not difficult either.

I wouldn't be worried about plastic filings: just tap and shake the driver a bit afterward and blow on it. Get a rub-buzz before hand along with an impedance trace. Any problems later will show up on the impedance trace.

Do the screws have anything to do with the cup/chamber we are interested in? I looked at your pic.s and it didn't seem that way.

The screws do not seem to have any relation to the plastic back, I will wait on Thomann answer to take any actions on those poor tweeters.

As for the DATS test, well...Is it bad doctor ?

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

* Piston Diameter = 0 mm
* f(s)= 1870.7 Hz
* R(e)= 5.0842 Ohms
* Z(max)= 5.8093 Ohms
* Q(ms)= 3.3371
* Q(es)= 23.399
* Q(ts)= 2.9206
* V(as)= 0 liters (0 cubic feet)
* L(e)= 0.10274 mH
* n(0)= 0 %
* SPL= 0 1W/1m
* M(ms)= 0 grams
* C(ms)= 0 mm/N
* BL= 0
* K(r)= 4.6316
* X(r)= 0.010046
* K(i)= 9e-07
* X(i)= 1.1012

* Piston Diameter = 0 mm
* f(s)= 1654.7 Hz
* R(e)= 4.7207 Ohms
* Z(max)= 5.4151 Ohms
* Q(ms)= 3.4484
* Q(es)= 23.443
* Q(ts)= 3.0062
* V(as)= 0 liters (0 cubic feet)
* L(e)= 0.10616 mH
* n(0)= 0 %
* SPL= 0 1W/1m
* M(ms)= 0 grams
* C(ms)= 0 mm/N
* BL= 0
* K(r)= 4.2678
* X(r)= 0.010654
* K(i)= 6e-07
* X(i)= 1.143

Last edited by MrZoltan; 12th July 2019 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12th July 2019, 10:05 PM   #353
diyAudio Member

Quote:
-all 3 prior purchases they "backed-out" the order after about a week and never informed me of it. The 1st time it happened I waited about a month because I've known that Erse will say they have things "in-stock" (on website) and don't: and aren't exactly quick to wind-one for you after your purchase. This is the first (and second time) they've just backed-out the order.. Should have checked my credit card account more closely for that..

Yeah, I'm sure Thomann and Radian will play the "blame game".

Thomann: "..we ordered it as a dipole."

Radian: "..we never accept dipole orders from Thomann."

I doubt they pay either contact-worker enough to be truly competent with special orders.

I get corn-holed just about every time I grab a fast-food meal! When I'm looking down at my wrong order, (..now inside the fast-food franchise), I then look at the pathetic worker behind the counter and have that mental up-take of:

"..oh, for f***-sake! ..no wonder my order went FUBAR."

Yeah micro management is sometimes necessary, one of my CEO friend said about work from his employees "You have to make them do, but not let them do" (Don't know if that translate OK from french)

Yeah I understand that salary isn't always great at some jobs, but I see that I don't care attitude from people that earn a lot more than I do, so not sure, I think it's state of mind.

I just learned a new expression again (corn-holed)
Old 13th July 2019, 02:36 AM   #354
diyAudio Member

Quote:

As for the DATS test, well...Is it bad doctor ?
No, it's just not what its expecting (NOT tweeters).

What's relevant is the impedance trace, save that and then compare it later after mod.s.

The impedance trace is great for showing-up problem spots. (..you'll see little wiggles in the trace when/where there are problems.)

Last edited by ScottG; 13th July 2019 at 02:46 AM.
Old 13th July 2019, 02:44 AM   #355
diyAudio Member

Quote:

I just learned a new expression again (corn-holed)

Corn-holed, Money Shot; good lord you are learning some filthy English expressions.

-don't forget the US military acronym FUBAR. (..you know, because it happens to them so often that the phrase is common-place.) And you know WHY that is: because most of those enlisted would have other wise been behind that fast-food counter getting my order wrong. Again, you get what you pay for.
Old 13th July 2019, 09:24 AM   #356
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Corn-holed, Money Shot; good lord you are learning some filthy English expressions.

-don't forget the US military acronym FUBAR. (..you know, because it happens to them so often that the phrase is common-place.) And you know WHY that is: because most of those enlisted would have other wise been behind that fast-food counter getting my order wrong. Again, you get what you pay for.

Indeed I am, thank you Scott

Yeah that one I knew from the FOO BAR in Linux and to the audio player I use

I have more than a few times seen in movies or documentaries the expression "excuse my french" is it commonly used ?
Old 13th July 2019, 09:17 PM   #357
diyAudio Member

-"excuse (or more often: pardon) my french" is an occasional phrase used in "polite company" as a way of *"apologizing" (usually) after-the-fact for using common offensive language. Sometimes people will say it like: "pardon my french but that person is an a-hole".

*as-in: not much.

Of course "polite company" is rare these days, more like people you rarely interact with that you don't want to offend to much. ..ex. boss's boss, in-laws, etc..

Last edited by ScottG; 13th July 2019 at 09:19 PM.

Advices on First Crossover Design (VituixCAD2)Hide this!Advertise here!