Useful tool recommendation for speaker & speaker driver measurements

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear all, can you recommend me tools for my upcoming smaller hobby projects ? I've some old but still quite good drivers which I cannot find a datasheet anywhere.. so I have to test them by myself.. I need Thiele-Small parameters, impedance curve, frequency curve.. can you recommend me a good, reliable software (and hardware if necessary) for that ?

Thinking of MLSSA, Dayton Audio's DATS & Omnimic.. any other maybe worth to try ? Has anybody tried DATS for accurate speaker driver measurement ? Can the Onmimic tool draw me a freq. curve (SPL curve) ?

Which one would you recommend from price/performance point of view ?

Thanks.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
+1 to Jay's suggestion! :)

Hardware wise you need a sound card with line out and line in (headphone out may substitute for line out). You also need a cable or jig.

Cables Claudio's cable jig shows a 10 ohm resistor you may want to use 100 ohms.

I use a walin jig II similarly note that it uses an 8 ohm sense resistor, REW and ARTA I think both recommend a 100 ohm sense resistor. It works with 8 ohms but would probably be more accurate with 100 ohms.

Tony.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.