Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

List of soundcards and notebooks capable of running arta software
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th January 2019, 11:42 PM   #1
Oskar2905 is offline Oskar2905  Poland
diyAudio Member

Default List of soundcards and notebooks capable of running arta software

Hi.
My old notebook (acer e732zg) broke few days ago. It's not overheating but when cpu reaches it "normal temperature" (40-50 C) it's turns itself off. I don't think it's worth fixing or replacing a motherboard (I think it's motherboard related fault). I tried to run an arta (limp) on my second notebook (old fujitsu m9400) and it's not working. It's not a matter of settings because they are identical. I need to buy a notebook that will run arta without any problems). Could you guys write what notebook(s) you use with arta (or it can be a pci/pci-ex or even usb soundcard). I have a PC too but it's much more comfortable to measure with notebook IMO ...but if anyone would write what soundcard he uses in his PC and it works with arta I would be very grateful too .

Thanks
Oskar
Old 18th January 2019, 05:24 AM   #2
1audio is offline 1audio  United States
diyAudio Member

I have used ARTA on several Dell laptop/notebooks. However foirst i need to know if you are usign the internal soundcard or an external one.

I have 2 Dell E6410's with I7 processors. They work fine with Win XP to win 10. I have SSD's in them so they are pretty quick. Key feature for me is that these are almost the last laptop with a stereo line/mike input so you do not need an external sound card and the internal system is pretty good. For measurements XP works much better and the drivers work well Win 10 is messy to say the least. This guy will sell you one with a drive for $200 Dell Latitude E6410 i5 i7 4Gb 8Gb 500GB 14" Win10 WebCam Wifi Ready | eBay

I have an Dell XPS 13 that works fine using an external soundcard (Both EMU and Focusright) but that's lots more money.
Old 19th January 2019, 08:26 PM   #3
Kevmoso is offline Kevmoso
diyAudio Member

Steinberg ur22 mkii works great here. Same Steinberg on multiple systems = same results.
Old 24th January 2019, 01:17 PM   #4
Lojzek is offline Lojzek  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Oskar, I'd check the cpu's cooler fan for faults. There is a list within ARTA user manual of successfully tested sound cards.

List of soundcards and notebooks capable of running arta softwareHide this!Advertise here!