Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Boxsim v.2.0 launched!!
Boxsim v.2.0 launched!!
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th December 2018, 07:21 PM   #1
mcl2k6 is offline mcl2k6  Europe
diyAudio Member

Default Boxsim v.2.0 launched!!

Hello all,

After 6 years or so, UweG had just launched the new version of Boxsim, now v2.0!
Momentarily, it seems that the official site is not yet launched, however the software is downloadable from the Visaton forum.
Boxsim 2.0 ist erschienen - Visaton Diskussionsforum

After a question I've posted on the site a while back, UweG was nice enough to create a separate, English language thread for non-German speakers:
First Development version of Boxsim in english language - Visaton Diskussionsforum

It contains some new, exciting features, some of the drivers have been re-measured using a new infinite baffle method right at the Visaton labs.

So, thanks Uwe, thanks Visaton, great work!
Old 20th December 2018, 08:01 PM   #2
fatmarley is offline fatmarley  England
diyAudio Member

Cool! (Does anyone say "Cool" anymore?) - Hope they have included target curves this time.
Old 20th December 2018, 09:08 PM   #3
Lojzek is offline Lojzek  Croatia
diyAudio Member

I suppose beavis and butthead still talk so, and in regard to Boxsim, I get a headache whenever I start one. They'd need to consult with Mr.Waslo, no kidding.
Old 21st December 2018, 07:00 AM   #4
kimmosto is offline kimmosto  Finland
diyAudio Member

Reality is that anything could be adequate and intuitive for someone, and the others are not able to understand such a crap and limited application and bad opinion I suppose mandatory features have been available in some application for few decades, but available apps don't fit for someone capable to make his own, or programming is main part of diy hobby or commercial audio work. These are probably the main reasons why new programs are born. Who makes this for living and for the others? Now we have dozens of free simulation tools done for authors' personal needs and preferences.
Old 21st December 2018, 02:16 PM   #5
turk 182 is offline turk 182  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmarley View Post
(Does anyone say "Cool" anymore?)
i do,and i think it's cool that you do as well!
only risk is it typecasts us! (those old farts still say "cool" !)

i was still learning and getting going on boxsim... oh well more homework!
Old 6th January 2019, 01:23 PM   #6
Ugg10 is offline Ugg10  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

used the previous version on and off and have now had time to play with the new v2.0. Biggest improvement for me is the ability to simulate active crossovers and dsp and then use the optimiser to ...er....optimise them.

Being able to simulate different crossover and notch filters (parametric) and then let the optimiser perfect them is very easy and nice (if a little slow on my i5 machine).
Old 7th July 2019, 08:12 PM   #7
Dr John is offline Dr John
diyAudio Member

Works better than old one, new driver data are more accurate..
Three way speaker designed without any measurement, only with Boxsim 2.0..
Visaton AL200_AL130M_KE25SC
Old 7th July 2019, 08:23 PM   #8
olsond3 is offline olsond3  United States
diyAudio Member

This is great news. Thanks for the link.

Boxsim v.2.0 launched!!Hide this!Advertise here!