Multisim Two "Potentiometer_Rated" in Dual Potentiometer PCB Package

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
Ref Multisim and Ultiboard,

I'm trying to use a Dual Potentiometer in a PCB, but don't know how to put the two individual "Potentiometer_Rated" components from Multisim into the same package for use with Ultiboard. It's easy if I create a component without simulation but, I want to be able to simulate the circuit and transfer all the components to PCB.

Question 1: Is there a way to use two "Potentiometer_Rated" in the same package without having to make a new component?

I've tried creating a new multi-section component with simulation, borrowing the "Potentiometer_Rated" model. This is where I run into problems!

Steps 1 thru 3: no problem.

Step 4: I give symbol pin names 1 thru 3 and assign them to part A and pins 4 thru 6 to part B.

Step 5: I assign symbol pins 1-6 to Package pins 1 thru 6.

Step 6: I thought that I could reuse the model data from the "Potentiometer_Rated" in Section A and B, but get an error that I have 5 Model Pins and 3 Symbol pins when doing this.

Question 2: Can I modify the Model Data to work in this case?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.