Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Active Crossover Modeling
Active Crossover Modeling
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st October 2018, 11:13 PM   #1
maLx is offline maLx  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Active Crossover Modeling

Hi, All.

I'm using XSIM to model crossovers and baffle step corrections post amplification. I'm taking the measurements from REW and importing them. My question is, what software can I use to take the same measurements, and model an active crossover or baffle step correction at line level? I don't want to use inductors either due to size constraints.

Let me know!
Old 7th October 2018, 06:43 PM   #2
Boden is offline Boden  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

LspCAD 5.2 and 6.0; SoundEasy, LEAP, Calsod. You can also use circuit simulators such as TINA, but the dedicated x/o software can optimize your circuits and take .frd files into the optimization
Old 8th October 2018, 05:21 PM   #3
kimmosto is offline kimmosto  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boden View Post
LspCAD 5.2 and 6.0; SoundEasy, LEAP, Calsod.
Also freeware for x64 is available. Should not be essential to list commercial programs which are discontinued, running on 32-bit Win only or medieval DOS.
Old 8th October 2018, 07:02 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hello Kimmosto,

Does your -magnificent!-VituixCAD allow optimization of freely configurable analogue circuitry (opamp-r-c circuits)? With freely configurable I mean any non standard analogue circuit.

Eelco
Old 8th October 2018, 07:03 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

LspCAD 5.2 is freeware now, but nobody seems to know.
Old 8th October 2018, 08:06 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boden View Post
Does your -magnificent!-VituixCAD allow optimization of freely configurable analogue circuitry (opamp-r-c circuits)? With freely configurable I mean any non standard analogue circuit.
Yes, any connection with R, C, L and OP amp with single ended output. Transformers are not yet available.
Old 8th October 2018, 08:15 PM   #7
maLx is offline maLx  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks everyone! I'll check out these recommendations.
Old 8th October 2018, 08:20 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Also XSim 3D has line level XO with linear or dsp.
Old 8th October 2018, 10:01 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Hello Kimmosto,
The beauty of the Old School Software is in the Optimizer. Look e.g at the LEAP Tutorials. I am probably mistaken here, but I was under the impression VituixCAD does not have an Optimizer.

Please, please tell my I am wrong.....
Old 9th October 2018, 05:10 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

^Both versions (1.1 and 2.0) have Optimizer for axial and power responses (adjustable weight between axial and power), driver's SPL response or filter transfer function. Targets of SPL and power responses are tilting straight lines. Target of driver's SPL is textbook slope (or straight line). Target of filter transfer function can be external file or captured gain response from some other project/driver. All parameters of components can be optimized. Constraints are total impedance and max gain (ver 2). Optimizer is using Nelder-Mead (amoeba) algorithm -> iteration step is not adjustable.

Optimizer was introduced in ver 1.1.21.0 (2017-12-13), but it is slightly improved to version 2.

Last edited by kimmosto; 9th October 2018 at 05:15 AM.

Active Crossover ModelingHide this!Advertise here!