REW Quasi-Anechoic measurement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This may be my first post on this forum.

I recently built my first sealed sub - 1ft^3 with 10" Dayton Audio Titanic driver.

Now I would like to get some real measurement of its output and and adjust the parametric EQ to extend the response to 30hz.

I have a Behringer NU1000DSP amp, just downloaded Roome EQ Wizard (REW), and my calibrated mic will arrive tomorrow.

From what I understand I should take the cabinet outside, elevate it above ground be several feet - maybe on a ladder - and place the mic 3 meter from the driver.

Then use REW to send a signal to the amp and start making measurements.

Once I am convinced I have created a reasonable response curve I should take it all inside and begin working on room integration.

I have one HUGE issue, I don't know how to use REW.

Anybody here have a good cheat sheet or link to a guide for taking these measurements?

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
JohnPM that second link is excellent. I skipped over the first 1/3rd to 1/2 till I got to the waterfalls and other stuff and that is really helpful! I've recently started to use REW more and this opens up a whole lot of additional goodness :)

Tony.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.