OmniMic V2 Summing Curve Delay Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, I'm just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the distances it asks you to measure as the manual doesn't do a great job of explaining. I assumed the top measurement to be the distance between the microphone and the baffle. I then left the second one blank as I am on axis with driver A. I then assumed that the third was the distance in the y-axis between the acoustic centres of drivers A and B which came I know to be 135mm. the 4th measurement I have no clue about. Could anyone correct me if I'm doing it wrong and clear up what thee 4th distance is? thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 78
The fourth distance is the (estimated) distance of the top of the voice coil (or the magnet top plate) and the front of the baffle. It doesn't need to be too accurate.

You might find that the equivalent method in Jeff Bagby's article is a little easier to follow. I'm not sure my attempts to automate some of the process in that Omnimic "Summing Curve" tool didn't maybe complicate the issues a bit. You're trying to get the delays between drivers set so that a simulator will give you the same result as you get when measuring both drivers playing together.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.