Speaker Design: Comprehensive list of Recommended Design Tools

good idea writing your own program for speaker design it maybe the only solution for you.
Ha ha! I do remember my brother and me using an MSX computer thingy to solve the coeficients given by Small in appendix of his Vented Box paper. The program, in basic, solve a continuum of Chevishev/Sub Chevishev alingments. Input Qts, Ql, and the program told the alfa ratio, fb/fs, and f3/fs , in a sheet of perforated paper..and we were satisfied and delighted, What a times were!

The Torres Box Tuning Calculator is popular with many in the car audio world.
I used it and liked it because it helped me create a slot port with angles for my home theater subwoofer.
I'm a big fan of how it calculates displacement for so many things.

You can change the background and text and box colors.
I preferred green.

Info page:
Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18 - Subwoofers / Enclosures - #1 Car Audio Enthusiast Forum in the world! | SMD | Meade916

Direct download:
TorresBTC

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 815
I am unaware of any software that can offer more than LEAP for enclosure, crossover, and filter design. Now that LinearX is defunct, you may be able to find a used copy with the 4-book manual (completely worth it), but there are "illegal" ways to download the software too.

If you are designing drivers, COMSOL is most precise, and MOTIV is fastest.

Hi,
I've installed LEAP EnclosureShop, but I don't know how to use it,the help file is not working in Win10, where can I find more turtorials?

Hi all, I would like to check out speaker enclosure options based on T/S parameters for drivers in a 2 way setup.

This list is long and inspiring but a little bit intimidating. Could someone recommend which resource to start with?

VituixCAD is a popular modern tool that includes a great enclosure design tool.

Many people also use WinISD, but it is just a enclosure simulation tool with no other features, perhaps that is all you are looking for though.

What is the best free CAD for for design loudspeaker box in 2022?
Well, I've tried most of the offerings over many years and I have just found VirtuixCAD. I am absolutely knocked out by it!. It's very comprehensive and the quality of both the software and the manual puts some commercial software to shame. It's free to download and use, and there is means to make a voluntary donation. It even links to LTSpice for complete analogous electrical simulation. I guess LEAP is still needed for complex audio problems, but VirtuixCAD will do me for everything else. It's very current and was last updated only a few weeks ago.

VirtuixCAD website

Reactions: 1 user