How to get Arta to measure true spl?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am trying to get true spl-reading with Arta. Within Arta I have calibrated the mic sensitivity with a sound calibrator, but when I directly afterwards doing a spl-check, measuring the output of the calibrator then arta gives me a spl-reading that differs several decibels, how can that be? I expect to get a spl-reading very close or identical to the calibrator level. With TrueRTA however, the calibration check is spot on!

Did you click the 'Accept' button after the calibration as well? The new measured cal value is not written into the actual settings unless the accept button is pressed...

For me the Calibration with calibrator and then going into SPL meter and checking it has always been spot on.

All of a sudden it works, at least for the spl-meter tools, and I am not sure what I do differently. But those window types alters the spl-level in a way I get unsure what to trust. I have considered buying clio pocket for true spl measurements and use arta only for relative measurements, but that is not a very cost effective solution, and that plagues me

It works only for the SPL-tools, for all other measurements the sound level is just wrong, awfuly wrong!

This thing sucks even more, changing the output level within arta, say for the MLS measurement, comparing two measurements, one set at -10dB and the other set at -20dB, the drop in sound level is easily heard, but Arta presents both frequency responses at the same spl level :confused: this drives me mad :mad:

Have you tried to carefully read the ARTA handbook. It goes through these topics in more step by step form compared to help...
It is perfectly doable to get a correct SPL in ARTA as well. If you don't need to use the two channel measurement mode and just need a SPL accurate frequency response then it's a bit simpler and you do not have to set the pre and power amp gains under settings. If you do use 2 channel mode then you will need to adjust all of these to correct values.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.