Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Tools SPICE, PCB CAD, speaker design and measurement software, calculators

Do I Need An External Sound Card For Soundeasy With This Computer?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th December 2017, 08:41 PM   #1
kelticwizard is offline kelticwizard  United States
Wizard of Kelts
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Default Do I Need An External Sound Card For Soundeasy With This Computer?

Been away from the forum for a few years, when I left Soundeasy was a very popular program. However, most laptop users said it needed an external sound card to run Soundeasy back then, the standard soundcard on the computer was not good enough.

I'm not an expert on computers, but it is time for me to get an (almost) new one, and I have one in mind. I don't know if I am ever going to actually get into using Soundeasy, (it's quite a commitment to learn), but I want to see if the computer I'm thinking of getting can run it without having to go to an external card. Most of the people on the forum probably know more about computers than I, so I'll just post a link to the specs and hope that somebody can figure it out from there. Thank you for any help or advice you can give on this.

HP Notebook - 17-x001ds (ENERGY STAR) Product Specifications | HP(R) Customer Support

Also, the manual is here:
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05122688

Last edited by kelticwizard; 27th December 2017 at 09:25 PM.

Do I Need An External Sound Card For Soundeasy With This Computer?Hide this!Advertise here!